Tuesday 8 January 2013

EDO England Open


I attended the EDO England Classic in Selsey which was my last BDO ranking event for the rankings for Lakeside 2013. I was already sitting in 2nd place and wanted to guarantee my place as second seed for Lakeside.

I started the day well winning my first two games 3-0 but I knew mentally I was not playing to my full potential as I felt burnt out after a long season.

I did not play to the best of my ability in this tournament and ended up only reaching the last 32 where I was beaten by Jane Judges of Cambridgeshire.

I teamed up again with my regular pairs partner in Loraine Farlam and we had some real tough games during the day and we was very happy to get to the final where we played, C Bywaters and A Jones. we played well in the final and came away 3 nil winners.

This was the last BDO ranking event for Lakeside 2013 and I was very pleased to finish up as 2nd seed for the World Championships.

It had been a long hard season and was a very much pleasurable one being able to travel the circuit as World Champion.

I had managed to win a few singles and pairs titles during the season.

I also shortly after this tournament had finished received the news that I was invited to the Zuiderduin Masters in Egmond Aan Zee in December which is one of the three BDO major events.

No comments:

Post a Comment