Saturday 9 March 2013

"Once, Twice, Three times a World Champ"


Well, its been a while since I have had time to get on here due to being in Russia and not having a computer over there or internet access, Like being a kid again when I go home.

Well, as you will all know by now that I am now 3 times Ladies World Champion. It was the hardest Lakeside I have had to play and the standard of darts is getting better and better every year.

It all started with a last 8 game live on ESPN against my good friend and pairs partner Lorraine Farlam. She started off like a steam train and scored heavily and certainly made me wake up quickly. Lorraine was just as nervous about this game as I was and I think I just managed to hold myself together a little bit more possibly due to having more experience and I was very happy to come out a 2 sets to nil winner and progress to the semi final where I was up against 9 times Ladies champ Trina Gulliver. I was going to have a few days rest as they had changed the playing days this year and I was due to play Friday night which used to be finals night.

So Friday I was all geared up to play against Trina and was very disappointed to find out that two Ladies with 11 World Titles were not being shown on TV. This was dissapointing for the Ladies and also for myself and Trina as we don't often get to show the world what we can do on the main stage.

The game was a good game and Trina took a well deserved first set lead although I did have chances at doubles. I dug deep and managed to win the second set very well and set me up for the third and final set which I was confident going into. I raised my scoring power in the last set and my finishing all came together and I was able to close the match out and I was happy to be in the final to try and win my 3rd World Title and I was due to play against Lisa Ashton from England.

So Saturday 12th January at 6.30 was the time I was to play my final and I was very happy to hear that this game was going to be again Live on ESPN and Eurosport, So my family and friends around the world could watch me play.

The final against Lisa was always going to be a high scoring game as we are to of the top scorers in the Ladies game. This was exactly how the game panned out and again finishing was to be crucial at tight points of the game. Below is the official BDO report of the game as I can not really remember to much due to my levels of concentration and then excitement so sorry for not writing up but the BDO report is a good reflection of the game.

Anastasia Dobromyslova clinched her third world title, defying a battling performance from debutant finalist Lisa Ashton 2-1. Bolton-based Ashton hit a maximum and an 80 checkout but was powerless to stop the 28-year-old Russian from chalking up her third world title. It was an entertaining 30-minute encounter between second seed Dobromyslova and the veteran England international, with Dobromyslova holding her nerve to clinch the title on double six. Afterwards Dobromyslova said: “I still don’t realise I have done it. It was such a tough game. If it had gone to 2-2 in the final set it could have been anyone’s title. “Being here in the final before meant I know how to handle myself. I would just like to thank my family and friends for all their support,” said the newly-crowned champ. Beaten finalist Ashton admitted: “I am gutted at losing but was really pleased to get through to the final. I don’t think the break in the game did me any good.” Both players started confidently, pounding the tiny 60 segment, the defending champ missing  double tops for a 118 finish against the throwing advantage, Ashton stepping in to exit on double 10. The Russian led to the double in the next and despite five misses, exited on double five to level the game. She clinched the next against the throw on double tops after the 42-year-old Bolton player missed two finishing opportunities. Ashton fired out the first 180 of the match in the fourth set, but Dobromyslova won the race for the double and clinically checked out on 64 with treble 16 and double eight to take the opening set against the throwing advantage. The Russian player was coasting to the opening leg of the second set, leaving herself 12,  but Ashton pounced with a superb 120 checkout, finished on double tops, to steal the throwing advantage. In the next, power-scoring saw Ashton first to the double and despite fluffing three shots, she moved into a 2-0 legt lead after hitting double 10. Dobromyslova replied, narrowly missing double 20 for a 117 finish, recovering from missing three further doubles before exiting on double two. Despite throwing first in the next the defending champ struggled to match Ashton’s high-scoring as the England sharpshooter levelled the match with an eye-catching 80, completed on double tops. Tons were traded in the opening leg of the deciding third set, Ashton missing double 18 for a 84 finish, as Dobromyslova pounced to finish on double 10 against the throwing advantage. But the Bolton ace replied immediately, exiting on double 10 after narrowly missing tops for a spectacular 116 checkout. With tension rising both players fired out ton plus scores, but Ashton missed double tops and then double 15 to steal the match advantage and Anastasia cooly hit single one and double 20 to edge into a 2-1 leg lead. The double world champ turned the screw in the fourth leg to leave herself  on 78 with Ashton stranded in the 200s. She hit treble 18 but then agonised as two darts intended for double 12 missed their target. But with Ashton unable to finish the cool Russian sharpshooter pegged a title-winning double six for her third world title in six years – and her fourth world title on the Lakeside stage.  In addition to three BDO Women's World Pro titles, it was back in 2001 as a wide-eyed teenager she clinched the Winmau World Youth title at  Lakeside to launch her glittering career on the oche....

I would like to thank you all for my continued support and lets work and play together to make the Ladies darts better in 2013.

Would also like to thank my only sponsor Unicorn in there continued sponsorship of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment