Monday 3 September 2012

IDPA Super Series and British Open

This passed weekend I was on my travels to Bridlington to play in the IDPA super series and most importantly the BDO British Open.

I played some steady game son the Friday evening in the Super Series beating on my way to the final, Zoe Jones, Michelle Webber, Trina Gulliver and in the final I was happy to come out victorious against Julie Gore from Wales. This was a nice warm up tournament for me as I have been spending the last 2 weeks in Russia with my family and sorting some other darting business out for my darting trips later in the year which I will report on nearer the time.

Saturday at Bridlington was the ladies pairs and I joined up with my usual partner Lorraine Farlam. We played many steady games throughout the day and won thorough to the semi finals on the Sunday evening where we were due to play the pairing of Trina Gullivers and her wife Sue Gulliver.

Sunday was a late start for me as I was seeded number 3 in the ladies draw, Not quite sure how they worked the seedings out with be currently being world number 2 but I was placed as 3rd seed for the day. I played some great darts throughout the day, I had some troubles with my concentration as the venue was very noisy at times. I made it through to the last 8 where I was to play Tamara Schuur from the Netherlands. I raced into a 2-0 lead and then my concentration lapsed again. I eventually lost the game and the last 2 legs Tamara outplayed me on the board and deserved to win in the end. Tamara has been playing very well of late and was recently runner up in the Sweden open last week which I did not attend. Tamara is fighting for the last automatic play off place for Lakeside and at the moment on current form is looking good to get there.

I had to wait around for several hours after I had finished my singles to play in the ladies semi final. We eventually took the stage around 3hrs after waiting and we were very comfortable winners winning 4-0 and not really being pushed to any great degree. In the other semi final was Deta Hedman and Dee Bateman vs Julie Gore and Rhian Griffiths, This was a real battle of a game and Julie and Rhian eventually came out winners 4-3 with it going down to a nail biting finish.

The final is most probably one final I want to forget. It has to go down as a bad day in the office for me and Lorraine. We were in, out and shake it all about. We could not at all find any consistency at all between us and we eventually ended up loosing what can only be described as a poor final from all players concerned 4-2. Congratulations go to Julie and Rhian as they become British Open pairs champions 2012.

Next up I have county this weekend (9th September) for Cheshire vs Lancashire and my next tournament after that will be a trip to Antwerp for my second to last ranking event for Lakeside 2013 where I am currently sitting in 2nd place with a bit of breathing space between myself and 3rd place.

Thanks for reading and I will keep you all updated of my darting adventures.

Anastasia xx

No comments:

Post a Comment